Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

1st pairs - a changing scene

welcome to the start of PAIRS where I'm sharing a pair of linked photos and inviting you to do the same - for ideas of different kinds of pairs see my PAIRS introduction page -link at the top of the page

one of the things I most enjoy about my daily walks by the river and Frith is the ever changing scenary with seasonal growth, different birds coming and going and the changing weather.

I walk along the bank of the Esk to where it joins the Firth of the Forth (firth is a Scottish word for wide river mouth - where I am it is about 15 miles across) and one of the most dramatic changes is when fog descends in the Firth and the land on the opposite side disappears.  On Friday, when I took the photo on the left there was no other side but on Sunday, in the right hand photo, it is back.

if you want to join in, you can choose any kind of linked pairs to share, the linky will be open until 11pm (UK time) on Tuesday.  

I'm eager to see what kinds of linked pairs you all share





11 comments:

Maggie said...

I love the contrast. Great minds think alike! Mine is similar.

Sian said...

Quite a difference!

Julie Kirk said...

I love this idea Helena. I'm an obsessive connection maker so this appeals to my pattern finding side perfectly. I'm sure I'll be joining in at some point this year.

I like that your photos were taken *days* rather than season's apart. Just shows how changeable our weather is!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Excellent camera work. My pair will auto post soon and I'll come back to link up.

alexa said...

Doesn't the sea also look so different depending on the light? You've captured this really well ...

Anonymous said...

wow what a difference the fog makes!!

Prairie Jill said...

Oh, what a lovely scene - with or without the fog!

Alison said...

Great pairing Helena....my pairing is weather related too...I'll be back with the link once I've actually written the post!! Xx

Miriam said...

Oooh! what a lovely contrast and a great 1st Pairs.

Sandie said...

A lovely contrast and pair of photos Helena, planning to join in and my pair are very similar!

Karen said...

Great pairing, and beautiful photos. I'm finally off the road and should be able to post mine tomorrow. Looking forward to another year!